THERE IS NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE
(1) Description of Sweepstakes/How to Enter: The "My Louisiana Sweepstakes" (the “Sweepstakes”) is available at www.LouisianaTravel.com and offers entrants the chance to win one (1) grand prize via a random selection from all valid entrants. The Sweepstakes begins October 1, 2008 at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (ET) and ends December 31, 2008 at 11:59 PM ET, ("Sweepstakes Period"). To enter visit www.LouisianaTravel.com, create a “My Louisiana” account and use the Travel Tools at the site to develop and save at least one (1) itinerary. You can complete and save as many itineraries as you like, but there is a limit of one (1) entry per “My Louisiana” account holder per Sweepstakes Period.
(2) Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize – Winner's choice of one (1) of the Louisiana’s Insiders Trips as described at www.LouisianaTravel.com, ("Louisiana Trip Prize"), Approximate Retail Value, (“ARV”) $900. Louisiana Trip Prize includes a $400 cash travel allowance, two (2)-night standard hotel accommodation based on double occupancy and the amenities described in the “Louisiana Trip Insider” Trip the winner chooses. Verified winner has the choice of one of the following itineraries and the associated amenities: (a) John Besh Trip: Dinner for two at Restaurant August, two (2) passes to the Aquarium of the Americas and the Audubon Zoo; (b) Terrance Simien Trip: A boat tour for two (2) people on the Atchafalaya Basin Swamp and dinner for two (2) people at McGee’s Café & Bar.
(3) Eligibility: Sweepstakes open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and representatives (and members of their immediate families and those living in the same household of each) of the Sponsor, Louisiana Office of Tourism, the state of Louisiana, their affiliated companies, marketing, advertising and promotion agencies and any company involved in the design, execution or production of the survey or the Sweepstakes are not eligible.
(4) General: The Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from all valid entries on or about January 10, 2009. The potential winner will be notified by the e-mail address (and phone number if provided) associated with his/her "My Louisiana" account, within five (5) business days of the prize drawing. The potential winner will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release ("Affidavit") within five (5) days of notification. If the potential winner cannot be contacted, does not respond to the email notification or does not complete the Affidavit by the specified deadline, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account specified in the entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The traveling companion of the verified Louisiana Trip Prize winner will be required to complete a Liability/Publicity release. The Louisiana Trip Prize is not transferable and there are no prize substitutions. In the event of unavailability of any of the amenities or attractions featured in the winner’s selected “Louisiana Insiders” trip, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an amenity or attraction of equal or greater value. Verified winner will be provided a travel allowance (as described in Paragraph 2), and will be responsible for purchasing and arranging his/her travel to Louisiana. Choice of hotel will be the Sponsor’s decision and will be based on the Louisiana Insiders Trip the winner has selected. The amenities associated with a given Louisiana Insiders Trip will be awarded as certificates or vouchers and the use of each will be governed by the terms, conditions and expiration dates on each certificate or voucher.
ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY RESULTING FROM THE WINNER'S RECEIPT OF THE PRIZE IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
By entering, participants (a) agree to comply with and be bound by the official rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are final and binding in all respects; (b) agree to release Sponsor, the Louisiana Office of Travel, their employees and agents from any and all liability, loss, damage or injury resulting from participation in this promotion or from the awarding, receipt, possession use and/or misuse of any prize awarded herein; (c) acknowledge that Sponsor, and its employees and agents have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose; and (d) consent to use of his/her name, photograph and/or likeness, statements and voice for advertising and promotional purposes in all media worldwide and in perpetuity without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Sponsor is not responsible for problems arising from any electronic, hardware or software program incompatibilities, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction, virus distribution or by a human error which may occur in the process of recording automatic entries via the survey web page. All entries are the property of the Sponsor. All data provided by entrants will be processed in the United States and in accordance with US privacy laws. Any attempt by an entrant to interfere with the operations of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law. If in Sponsor's sole and exclusive opinion, there are on-line entries, which have been generated by any type of non-human, automated or automated repetitive process, Sponsor has the option to invalidate such entries. If, in Sponsor's sole and exclusive opinion, there is any suspected or actual tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if technical or other difficulties outside of Sponsor's control compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Sweepstakes and in such event to select winners through a random drawing from among all valid entries received before such termination.
(5) Information about the winner: For the name of the confirmed winner, send a self addressed stamped envelope postmarked no later than December 31, 2008 to: My Louisiana Sweepstakes Winner, PO Box 12055, Scottsdale, AZ 85267-2055. Residents of WA and VT can omit return postage.
All Federal, state and local laws and regulations are applicable. THE VIRGINIA STATE COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF VIRGINIA SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THOSE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
(6) Sponsor: eBrains, Inc. 1600 Tysons Boulevard, 8th Floor, McLean, VA 22102.
(7) Sweepstakes Administrator: Extra Mile Marketing, 16611 N. 91st Street, STE 106, Scottsdale, AZ 85260-1523.